I’m a writer living by the sea. Making stuff easier for people to understand gets me out of bed in the morning.
Previously, I was a senior writer at Sideshow, a freelance copywriter, and a web editor for Arts University Bournemouth. In that time, I re-launched the university’s website, worked on the app won the Chair’s Grand Prix at the CIM Marketing Excellence Awards, and wrote for two of the UK’s top ten most valuable brands.
I cut my teeth in publishing, starting out as Staff Writer and quickly rising to Features Editor at iCreate Magazine. While I was there, I co-authored the iTunes bestseller iCloud for Beginners.
My work has won awards from Computer Arts, the Chartered Institute of Marketing and HEIST, among others. But more importantly, it’s left a little less jargon in the world.
💼 Clients (past and present)
Arts University Bournemouth, Bond & Coyne, Brunel University London, BT, Direct Line, EE, Experian, Future Publishing, Harper Adams University, HSBC, Investec Asset Management, Sketch, Kingston University, Visa.
I’ve been fortunate enough to get involved in a few award-winning projects over the years. Here are a few of the big wins:
- 2017 HEIST Awards — Best Use of Innovation
- 2016 Brand Impact Awards — Education
- 2016 HEIST Awards — Employer Marketing Initiative
- 2015 CIM Excellence Awards — Chair’s Grand Prix
- 2015 CIM Excellence Awards — Innovation
- 2014 Brand Impact Awards — Best Education Campaign
- 2014 Heist Awards — Creativity and Innovation
- 2014 Heist Awards — Best Website